The opportunity to serve owner managed and family owned businesses in helping them to achieve their goals is a driving force for Skrypnyk Group. The role of financial reporting is very important to our clients and their families as it provides a baseline from which decisions can be made. Beyond the issuance of financial statements and required tax filings, we also provide unique, value added information as well as proprietary reporting and assessment tools to our clients in order to ensure that all of the information is in place to maximize their opportunities for success.
We are currently seeking a candidate to fulfill a Senior Accountant position in our tax and compliance department. The ideal team member will have a CPA designation, at least 2+ years of experience in a senior accountant or related role. Along with our client focused approach, Skrypnyk Group greatly values the development of our team members – both personally and professionally. We are always looking for ways that our firm can learn and improve and we encourage our team to contribute innovative ideas for the benefit of our clients and our staff.
- Preparation of financial statements and tax returns in accordance with firm standards for clients in a variety of businesses and non-profit enterprises
- Preparation of tax returns (T1, T2s,T3s, T4s, T5s, GST/HST)
- Notice to readers and review engagement preparation
- Effective communication with our clients, government agencies and with our managers and staff
- Keeping managers and other team members informed, on an ongoing basis of progress and significant issues
- Providing advice and training to other staff members
- Identify new business opportunities with existing clients
- Participate in new business development initiatives
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Must hold a professional accounting designation
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Experience with CaseWare an asset
- Ability to prioritize workloads and the flexibility to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Complete additional ad-hoc duties or assignments as required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
We offer a competitive remuneration and benefits package based on experience and qualifications. Applicants are invited to apply by sending a covering letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Mrs. Brianne Ernewein, Director of Operations.
Skrypnyk Group is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.